Since being at Poppy, for all of 5 days total, I have received more phone calls and mail through the restaurant than ever.  In fact, if you added all the times a person called me through a restaurant I have worked for, and mailed something to me at the restaurant, I have still received more efforts of communication at Poppy than all combined.

I keep saying to myself, “I have been her for 3 days, how on earth do these people know where I am?”

When I went to my favorite breakfast diner, the boys behind the counter looked at me and smiled knowingly.  Sikey said, “what’s up girl?” to which Niko replied, “yeah, we know what’s up.”  When they asked about the new job I replied, “how on earth do you know?!?  I have only had the job for two days!”

It seems the planets have aligned to make this job my recognizable home.

Long story short, I received a hard copy of an article written by one of our readers, and I wanted to thank him.

Link here to read it, published this summer in the Gateway.

8 Responses to “Thank you”

1. JZ says:

Fastest chef in Gig Harbor gets the word out quick.

2. Brittany says:

Congrats Dana! My boss is an Herb Farm Alum, and has nothing but great things to say about Jerry. I can’t wait to come and see what you’re doing at Poppy. Seems like a great fit : )

3. richard chan says:

Congrats! I went last week but don’t know you are there! It is however, sad to see you left Veil. I still like Johnny’s cooking.

Johnny left Veil over a month ago. But yes, he is very talented, and I love his cooking as well.

5. kirsten says:

Well, that settles it – I must get to Poppy! I am glad to hear we can still find you in a place you will be able to spread your creative wings. Congratulations! You and Johnny were the reasons we kept returning to veil. Do you know where he has landed?

6. Richard says:

Same here Kirsten, Dana and Johnny are the reasons we go to Veil…arhhh….Now I feel bad for Shannon. :(

7. kirsten says:

Shannon is very talented, so hopefully he has secured someone as good as Johnny to run the show. I hope it isn’t the beginning of the end, I really admire everyone who contributed.

8. Erin says:

I have been planning a trip to Poppy for my birthday, now I’m even more excited! Congratulations!